Creating the Team: A Leadership Moment | SlawTips.
• We need to know who we are. If we’re a team, we need to know who is on this team. It can’t be a team in name only with uncertainty around who is actually participating.
• We need a well-defined purpose. It’s absolutely critical to be clear about what we’re trying to achieve.
• We need the right people on the team. Do we have the right number of people? The right mix of people?
• We need norms of conduct. What goes and what doesn’t go in this enterprise?
• We need a supportive organizational context. Is there a broader context providing the resources, the information, and support that we need to pull this off?
• We need well timed coaching. Do we have people in place to provide coaching to help the enterprise take advantage of those favorable conditions?